Anneumonics

Anne's IntermittentroPolis

I prefer to keep my reviews short but I can't guarantee them to be sweet. I don't mind discussing, analyzing, or raving but I'm just an inherently lazy writer/reviewer.

The Turn of the Screw
Henry James, Philip Horne, David Bromwich
Across a Star-Swept Sea
Diana Peterfreund
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green I cannot explain the simplicity of this splendid novel to you. (P.S. DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TEARS.) It is not for the faint-hearted and it is just so gut-wrenching from beginning to end. I'm sure many would've expected the ending in some way or the other but that does not mean you or rather I, in this case, am prepared for it. I've been given a huge insight into a cancer patient's world. There is so much love and sometimes hope but so much pain. I finished this book so unsatisfied. So dismayed. And I CRIED SO MUCH. GOD, THE PAIN THIS BOOK ENTAILS. This book needs to have a warning sign attached: A tragedy. Being this is the first work I've read by John Green, I'm about to dive in for more of his masterpieces. But for now, I just need a break from this heartrending ending which has left me utterly broken. A bit of an exaggeration but the ending damn near unraveled me. Not to say this book is depressing, it's not. It's actually pretty funny and outright hilarious at many parts especially the conversations between Hazel and Gus. Enough yapping, I'm going to retreat to my corner and nurse my wounds now.