Anneumonics

Anne's IntermittentroPolis

I prefer to keep my reviews short but I can't guarantee them to be sweet. I don't mind discussing, analyzing, or raving but I'm just an inherently lazy writer/reviewer.

The Turn of the Screw
Henry James, Philip Horne, David Bromwich
Across a Star-Swept Sea
Diana Peterfreund
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
Everneath - Brodi Ashton The Everneath was a fresh take on the mythology of Egyptians and of course, the Greeks. I'm a sucker for Greek mythology and especially renditions of them so this book has to be Read. It's good and actually excels in the field of fitting the myths perfectly into the story. I'm happy the author actually explained parts of the loopholes and placed the magical into the realities of the world. Jack was very endearing to me, a sweet buff guy, but I'm left thinking of Cole as the bereft immortal. Cole is an annoying antagonist-ish person but I truly believe him to be good at heart. I liked the book and I especially loved the gorgeous cover. The ending felt a bit rushed though. Nevertheless, now I have to wait for the sequel to this book because there're plenty of loopholes to fix and a huge cliffhanger to placate.