Anneumonics

Anne's IntermittentroPolis

I prefer to keep my reviews short but I can't guarantee them to be sweet. I don't mind discussing, analyzing, or raving but I'm just an inherently lazy writer/reviewer.

The Turn of the Screw
Henry James, Philip Horne, David Bromwich
Across a Star-Swept Sea
Diana Peterfreund
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky wonderful book, it made me fully realize the extent of Charlie's pain and his endless empathy. No matter how difficult life was, he brought meaning into it; I loved how Michael played a major part in the book by being the suicide victim we never met. It further emphasized how different and special Charlie truly was and it hit home. There are people who fight back passively against the mental pain and bad memories while others just take the easy way out by suicide. It was a difficult book for me to read (not just because I read it on my Nook) but I never felt a sense of closure with this book. I read this book voluntarily and a lot of the drugsp and sex references were a foreign concept to me. But it's okay, I still enjoyed the book. Charlie was one of the most realistic characters I've ever come across and his blatant honesty and philosophical voice astounds me to no end.