Anneumonics

Anne's IntermittentroPolis

I prefer to keep my reviews short but I can't guarantee them to be sweet. I don't mind discussing, analyzing, or raving but I'm just an inherently lazy writer/reviewer.

The Turn of the Screw
Henry James, Philip Horne, David Bromwich
Across a Star-Swept Sea
Diana Peterfreund
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
Seraphina - Rachel Hartman The writing had a great flow to it and reading the whole plot was like being on crack. Seriously, I had no complaints with the pacing and the characters were just so darn interesting! Seraphina isn't too Mary-Sue nor so brave. The typical strong, special, and amazing heroine is developing and emerging more fully nowadays in the YA bookworld. It's really disconcerting when you unconsciously start comparing the manliness/kickassness of the girls between each variegated books. The dragons were really interesting although their outlook on the emotional aspects of the brain hints at a reference from [b:Delirium|11614718|Delirium (Delirium, #1)|Lauren Oliver|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327890411s/11614718.jpg|10342808]. However, it does not detract from the quality of the fantasy and still gives minor intrigues to the conflicting beliefs of Goledd and Tanamoot. It's not the perfect time to reach a book in two straight sittings on a typical busy school night but that's exactly what I did. Embarrassingly, I'll probably put off real life in order to read the sequel.