Anneumonics

Anne's IntermittentroPolis

I prefer to keep my reviews short but I can't guarantee them to be sweet. I don't mind discussing, analyzing, or raving but I'm just an inherently lazy writer/reviewer.

The Turn of the Screw
Henry James, Philip Horne, David Bromwich
Across a Star-Swept Sea
Diana Peterfreund
The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
The Princess Bride - William Goldman Can I even classify this as a fantasy? Frankly, the map was unneeded and I barely gave it a glance. Here were some hilarious quotes I dug up:
"'I WANT DOMINGO MONTOYA, YOU SON OF A BITCH,' and the six-fingered sword flashed again."
"...Fezzik smashed it again and a third time and then he brought his hands back a bit for leverage and he began to whip the beast against the walls like a native washerwoman beating a skirt against rocks, and when the snake was dead, Inigo said..."
"It was only when the giant got halfway down the incline that he suddenly, happily, burst into flame and continued his trip saying, 'NO SURVIVORS, NO SURVIVORS!' in a manner that could only indicate deadly sincerity. It was seeing him happily burning and advancing that started the Brute Squad to screaming."
"'I have no key,' Yellin replied. 'I swear on the grave of my parents; may my mother's soul forever sizzle in torment if I am lying.'
'Tear his arms off,' Westley said to Fezzik, who was sizzling a bit himself now..."
"He closed the door in her face. Without a word. Without a word. Buttercup ran. She whirled and burst away and the tears came bitterly; she could not see, she stumbled, she slammed into a tree trunk, fell, rose, ran on."
"'Vizzini I'm sorry,' he began. Vizzini napped on. Fezzik shook him gently. Vizzini did not wake. Not so gently this time. Nothing. 'Oh I see, you're dead,' Fezzik said."

Okay, I can go on and on with all the quote-worthy quotes. I'll stop here